We are living in a world where machines are becoming smarter every day. They are taking over mundane yet crucial tasks (such as driving) and letting humans focus on living a more creative, fruitful life. Training these machines to perceive the physical environment and make mission-critical decisions is a complex task that heavily relies on using massive amounts of perception data. The large volume, high variety, and lack of structure in the perception data pose a crippling data operation problem for teams that build these smart machines. We want to solve this problem.
SceneBox is committed to simplifying machine learning (ML) workflow management for perception-heavy applications such as autonomous vehicles, automated drones, robotics, and video surveillance. By focusing on finding the most valuable training data, SceneBox platform helps perception teams:
- build better training datasets faster
- focus on core ML tasks rather than data operations
- reduce ML product time to market
Our ideal candidate is mission-driven, passionate, meticulous, and takes ownership in building world-class products.
As a team, we will make sure you learn every hour of every day, support you to take risks and make bold decisions, and enable you to have access to the best technical and scientific resources through our top-notch investors, and advisors in Silicon Valley and Canada.
Location: Canada or US - Remote
We are hiring an Application Engineer with experience facilitating technical product discussions with prospective customers.
The Application Engineer will be working alongside our sales team, and operation team as an expert in computer vision and machine learning, who possesses a deep understanding and passion for our product. The Application Engineer will be responsible for:
- Regular communication with prospective customers as a subject matter expert
- Executing product demonstrations to help prospective teams understand the value SceneBox can add to their workflows
- Explaining advanced product features
- Helping customers design custom workflows and pipelines
- Providing custom scripts to enable customer use of SceneBox
- Bachelors in computer engineering, computer science, or a related field
- 2+ years of experience in a customer-facing role, experience with delivering product pitches and facilitating high level technical discussions
- Software programming experience in one or more programming languages: Python (must have), Java/Scala (good to have)
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience in a startup environment a plus