We are living in a world where machines are becoming smarter every day. They are taking over mundane yet crucial tasks (such as driving) and letting humans focus on living a more creative, fruitful life. Training these machines to perceive the physical environment and make mission-critical decisions is a complex task that heavily relies on using massive amounts of perception data. The large volume, high variety, and lack of structure in the perception data pose a crippling data operation problem for teams that build these smart machines. We want to solve this problem.
SceneBox is committed to simplifying machine learning (ML) workflow management for perception-heavy applications such as autonomous vehicles, automated drones, robotics, and video surveillance. By focusing on finding the most valuable training data, SceneBox platform helps perception teams:
- build better training datasets faster
- focus on core ML tasks rather than data operations
- reduce ML product time to market
Our ideal candidate is mission-driven, passionate, meticulous, and takes ownership in building world-class products.
As a team, we will make sure you learn every hour of every day, support you to take risks and make bold decisions, and enable you to have access to the best technical and scientific resources through our top-notch investors, and advisors in Silicon Valley and Canada.
Location: Vancouver, Canada - Remote available
We are hiring a Frontend Software Developer with enterprise-level software design and development experience and with expertise in UI/UX and enhancing overall product experience.
- Design and implementation of SceneBox platform
- Frontend development of new features.
- Contribute to an excellent user experience through user-centric development and a strong desire to squash bugs.
- Write, modify, or integrate test software
- Prepare documents, manual, reports, and other documentations on the operation and maintenance of software
- Assist in collection and documentation of user requirements
- Research and evaluate of variety of software products
- Salary range: $95,000-$105,000 CAD
- Stock options
- Health plan
- Bachelors in computer engineering, computer science, or a related field
- 2+ years of solid hands-on software development experience with React, CSS, and SPA
Required tech stack:
- Good knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience with SPA
- Experience with webpack configuration
- Experience with Docker
Good to have tech stack:
- Node experience
- Experience with d3, WebSocket, CSS in JS, Google Map APIs
- Experience with React Testing Library, cypress, storybook
- Understanding of Software design patterns, SDLC, Test Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Experience working in an Agile development environment