We are living in a world where machines are becoming smarter every day. They are taking over mundane yet crucial tasks (such as driving) and letting humans focus on living a more creative, fruitful life. Training these machines to perceive the physical environment and make mission-critical decisions is a complex task that heavily relies on using massive amounts of perception data. The large volume, high variety, and lack of structure in the perception data pose a crippling data operation problem for teams that build these smart machines. We want to solve this problem.
SceneBox is committed to simplifying machine learning (ML) workflow management for perception-heavy applications such as autonomous vehicles, automated drones, robotics, and video surveillance. By focusing on finding the most valuable training data, SceneBox platform helps perception teams:
build better training datasets faster
focus on core ML tasks rather than data operations
reduce ML product time to market
Our ideal candidate is mission-driven, passionate, meticulous, and takes ownership in building world-class products.
As a team, we will make sure you learn every hour of every day, support you to take risks and make bold decisions, and enable you to have access to the best technical and scientific resources through our top-notch investors, and advisors in Silicon Valley and Canada.
The Head of Engineering reports directly to the CEO and will be responsible for developing our SceneBox platform, managing software engineers, implementing DevOps best practices, and helping the team in developing our product roadmap.
It is expected that the Head of Engineering will be spending the majority of their time on software architecture, product management, and coding.
As the Head of Engineering, you bring enterprise-level software design, architecture, and development experience and with expertise building cloud platforms and deploying cloud-based microservices applications.
- Lead the design and implementation of Caliber’s flagship product
- Help with mentoring and growing a world-class team
- Run engineering and DevOps operations
- Contribute significantly to Caliber’s product roadmap
- Masters in computer engineering, computer science or a related field
- 3+ years of technical leadership in building data-heavy cloud applications
- 7+ years of solid hands-on software development experience with a focus on continuous delivery and deployment, enterprise application development, cloud automation, and building a container-hosting platform
- Software programming experience in one or more programming languages: Python (must have), Java/Scala (good to have)
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes or similar solutions
- Experience building cloud-based applications using microservices and deploying in containerized environments
- Excellent knowledge of building server-side RESTful applications, APIs and automation tools
- Database experience: Redis, Elasticsearch, SQL, NoSQL
- Understanding of Software design patterns, SDLC, Test Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Experience working in an Agile development environment