We are living in a world where machines are becoming smarter every day. They are taking over mundane yet crucial tasks (such as driving) and letting humans focus on living a more creative, fruitful life. Training these machines to perceive the physical environment and make mission-critical decisions is a complex task that heavily relies on using massive amounts of perception data. The large volume, high variety, and lack of structure in the perception data pose a crippling data operation problem for teams that build these smart machines. We want to solve this problem.
Caliber Data Labs is committed to simplifying machine learning (ML) workflow management for perception-heavy applications such as autonomous vehicles, automated drones, robotics, and video surveillance. By focusing on finding the most valuable training data, our flagship product, SceneBox, helps perception teams:
- build better training datasets faster
- focus on core ML tasks rather than data operations
- reduce ML product time to market
As a team, we will make sure you learn every hour of every day, support you to take risks and make bold decisions, and enable you to have access to the best technical and scientific resources through our top-notch investors, and advisors in Silicon Valley and Canada.
Location: Canada or US - Remote
The Technical Product Manager will be responsible for rapidly taking new product features and requests from concept, to development, to adoption. Our ideal candidate is mission-driven, passionate, meticulous, and takes ownership in building world-class products.
The Product Manager must possess knowledge of the computer vision / machine learning tools market landscape and best practices. The Technical Product Manager will be working closely with a wide range of team members in engineering, business development, sales, and marketing and will be responsible for:
- Planning, development, and implementation of major new product features.
- Championing product best-practices, maintaining the highest product standards, product strategy and development, and market analysis to deliver.
- Delighting our customers through delivery of a high value product and working with sales/marketing to make SceneBox a “no-brainer” to prospective customers.
- Bachelors in computer engineering, computer science, or a related field
- Deep understanding of lean development practices
- Proven track record in building complex cloud-based products
- 3+ years of technical product management experience with a focus on continuous delivery and deployment, enterprise application development, cloud automation, and building a container-hosting platform
- Software programming experience in one or more programming languages
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience working in a startup environment